[Freeswitch-users] Connecting to FS from a mobile app

Chris Tunbridge blasterjr at gmail.com
Tue Jan 27 20:37:20 MSK 2015

Just wanted to give my experience, if you want to make an app using
WebRTC/WebSockets you can use SIP.js + PhoneRTC + Cordova for Android &
iOS, be warned that the garbage collector and pausing will cause you to
drop registration without a background service which gets much more
complicated.

Cordova: http://cordova.apache.org/
PhoneRTC: https://github.com/alongubkin/phonertc
SIP.js: http://sipjs.com/
SIP.js PhoneRTC Media Handler:
https://github.com/joseph-onsip/PhoneRTCMediaHandler

As for the person who mentioned Android SIP Client, its terrible and not
available on all devices, out of 40 android devices we tested only 15 of
them could actually use the Android SIP client, and out of those 15, only 5
could reliably make and receive calls without either crashing, dropping
audio, or having massive delays in the audio (WiFi, 3g, 4g and LTE tested).

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org