[Freeswitch-users] inband dtmf

huseyin kalyoncu hkalyoncu at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 16:26:09 MSK 2015

hello

first i want to thank the developers and contributors of this amazing
product.
we have been using freeswitch for almost 4 years without a major problem.

i have a question regarding inband dtmf.
we have receiving calls from telco using dtmf rfc2833.  most of outgoing
calls also
dtmf rfc2833. but we have a new outgoing profile which is behind a
firewall. we did
not make a successful call with transport UDP. so we set the transport to
TCP and
now we have successful calls but the only problem is with dtmf. when we set
the dtmf to
rfc2833 for this profile, we saw that dtmf packets do not arrive correctly
to outgoing
destination. when we dig up the problem we realized that there is always a
time skew
on dtmf packets. for this reason we tried to set dtmf inband for this
particular outgoing
profile. to accomplish this we used start_dtmf_generate just before the
bridge action.
but this time no dtmf package arrive at destination. is this dtmf
conversion (from rfc2833
 to inband) even possible?
what should be the correct configuration to achieve this?

thanks
huseyin