[Freeswitch-users] fail_on_single_reject and sequential bridge fail-over?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Sat Jan 24 22:53:08 MSK 2015

On Wed, Jan 21, 2015 at 4:26 PM, Steven Ayre <steveayre at gmail.com> wrote:

> My understanding is that today there is no channel variable in FS that
>> lets control reject causes to stop bridge iterations over | separated
>> endpoints.
>
> Am I right or am I wrong?
>

> fail_on_single_reject should be working for exactly that purpose. For
> example I use the following:
>
> <action application="set" data=
> "continue_on_fail=GATEWAY_DOWN,INVALID_GATEWAY"/>
> <action application="set" data=
> "fail_on_single_reject=!^^:GATEWAY_DOWN:INVALID_GATEWAY"/>
> <action application="set" data="hangup_after_bridge=true"/>
> <action application="bridge" data="
> sofia/gateway/gw1/$1|sofia/gateway/gw2/$1|sofia/gateway/gw3/$1"/>
>
> This passes routes via multiple carriers. If the gateway is
> down/non-existent it will try the next sequential destination(s), but any
> other failure cause causes the bridge to end without trying the next (fail_on_single_reject).
> If all the gateways are down it returns to dialplan (continue_on_fail)
> otherwise it hangs up with the reject cause from the bridge.

Hi Steven,

I believe your explanation is spot on and makes a lot of sense. From a
documentation standpoint I can see why some are confused. Both the wiki and
the source code explicitly mention the AND (i.e. comma) condition being
affected by fail_on_single_reject but not the OR (i.e. pipe) condition.

If there are no objections I'd like to submit this tidbit to be included in
the fail_on_single_reject wiki entry.

-MC