[Freeswitch-users] Issue with Freeswitch Behind nat

Pasha pasha at prosperity4ever.com
Thu Jan 15 00:30:58 MSK 2015

When you're behind NAT you have to make sure that your firewall rewrites
the packets and allows them through. It sounds like your port 5060 is
open and is being sent to the correct internal machine (server B), but
your media is not (RTP), you need to make sure that you are allowing and
forwarding the RTP ports as well (I can't remember the exact range, but
I believe they are specified somewhere in freeswitch config) but it's
something like 10,000-22,000 (it's a range), then your audio should be
working. Depending on your setup you might have to setup source NAT as
well as destination NAT.

I have a working environment in production where all my servers are
behind NAT as well as all my clients connecting to them are behind NAT
as well via openvpn (vpn NAT too hehe), so I know it works, just need to
play with it enough until you get it working properly.

Hope that helped.

Paul