[Freeswitch-users] Freeswitch + serial forking at opensips

John Nash john.nash778 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 15:10:17 MSK 2015

Hello,

I am facing an issue when using opensips to serial fork Invites to some SIP
gateways and using freeswitch in the middle as b2bua to send calls. That
means if first Invite fails opensips will pick next available gateway and
append branch to send this again to freeswitch.

But I have noticed when first gateway sends a failed response (and
freeswitch log shows call destroyed) and second invite is sent (Same call
id, cseq but different branch tag) , freeswitch seem to have old
transaction alive and sends 482 Request merged response.

I saw in mail archives that it was discussed few years back but there was
no conclusion.

Is there a reason freeswitch keeps transaction alive (for 4 seconds I
think) even if it received "ACK" for failed response?

Regards

John