[Freeswitch-users] Set From User in SIP request

jeremy ardley jeremy.ardley at gmail.com
Sun Jan 11 04:08:25 MSK 2015

Hi,

I have a DID provider with multiple incoming numbers. I can send
outgoing calls on particular DID numbers by sending a SIP request with
the From header formatted as

From: dddddddddd <sip:dddddddd at sip.provider.com>;tag=yyy

Where the From name is the DID in full national number form (10 digit)
and the From user is the 8 digit account number. Each unique DID has a
matching unique account number.

I have internal extensions mapped to different DID numbers.

I need a mechanism to feed different DID number and account number pairs
to the gateway for each outgoing call. I hope to do  that via the
internal extension xml files e.g.

<include>
  <user id="200">
    <params>
      <param name="password" value="xxxxxx"/>
      <param name="vm-password" value="200"/>
    </params>
    <variables>
      <variable name="toll_allow" value="domestic,international,local"/>
      <variable name="accountcode" value="200"/>
      <variable name="user_context" value="default"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_name" value="Michael J Fox"/>
      <variable name="effective_caller_id_number" value="200"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_id_name" value="0000000001"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_id_number" value="0000000001"/>
      <variable name="outbound_caller_from_user" value="01234567"/>
      <variable name="callgroup" value="techsupport"/>
    </variables>
  </user>
</include>

The question is how to pass the new variable outbound_caller_from_user
to the gateway and get it substituted in the user field of the SIP From
header?

I have a secondary issue in that I can set the outbound DID part of the

From: "dddddddddd" <sip:dddddddd at sip.provider.com>;tag=yyy

Which is undesirable and it would be helpful to suppress that in
Freeswitch itself.

Thanks,