[Freeswitch-users] REg IVR and codec negotiation

indra sena myforums.indra at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 10:09:09 MSK 2015

Hi ,

I have observed in freeswitch that, In case of  IVR scenario prior to the
bridge FreeSwitch plays IVR with the 1st priority codec then invite to the
bridge endpoint (B-leg) with SDP containing only the codec negotiated for
IVR. Also the answer (183 ) to originator(A-leg) with SDP containing only
with IVR negotiated codec.

I am having one issue here for example.

Originator(A-leg) sends invite with G729, G711 and Freeswitch negotiated
with G729 and starts playing IVR with G729 and answered(183) to originator
with SDP containing only G729. And Invited to termination endpoint with SDP
having only G729 and termination gateway having support of only G711, and
it is rejecting call after receiving invite with only G729.

It should be work like after IVR , invite can be having sdp with all the
originator supported codecs and if termination (b-leg) having different
priority codecs then it can send re-Invite sanding the same.

I have observed one issue in freeswitch Jeera (
https://freeswitch.org/jira/browse/FS-880) , but there is no solution in
that page.

Do we have any solution for this right now ?

Your answers will be very much helpful for me. I appreciate if you can
quick response or give some solution for this.

Thanks in advance.

Thanks & Regards,
GISR..