[Freeswitch-users] Cisco 7942 with freeswitch - Multitenant Environment

Bunea Lucian lucibunea at gmail.com
Sat Jan 3 22:30:21 MSK 2015

Don't know if this is valid for 7942, but I have a few Cisco CP7941G
phones  (firmware 8.5.2) connected to a freeswitch box, and working fine.
In the config file, SEP[phone_MAC].cnf.xml I have the following:

<sipLines>
<line button="1">
<featureID>9</featureID>
<featureLabel>MyLabel</featureLabel>
<proxy>myFreeswitchServer.mydomain.com</proxy>
<port>5060</port>
<name>FreeswitchUsername</name>
<displayName>FreeswitchExtension</displayName>
<autoAnswer>
<autoAnswerEnabled>2</autoAnswerEnabled>
</autoAnswer>
<callWaiting>3</callWaiting>
<authName>FreeswitchExtension</authName>
<authPassword>FreeswitchPassword</authPassword>
<sharedLine>false</sharedLine>
<messageWaitingLampPolicy>1</messageWaitingLampPolicy>
<messagesNumber>*97</messagesNumber>
<ringSettingIdle>4</ringSettingIdle>
<ringSettingActive>5</ringSettingActive>
<forwardCallInfoDisplay>
<callerName>true</callerName>
<callerNumber>false</callerNumber>
<redirectedNumber>false</redirectedNumber>
<dialedNumber>true</dialedNumber>
</forwardCallInfoDisplay>
</line>
</sipLines>

More info can be found here:
https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Cisco+Sample+XML+Config

PS: The phone won't accept names entries containing "_", " " or "-".