[Freeswitch-users] Where to go from here?

Bote Man bote_radio at botecomm.com
Tue Feb 24 22:59:33 MSK 2015

I assume that this is a reply to my previous message, but since you created
a new message it broke the thread.

There is no boiler plate guide to receiving calls from a VoIP provider, each
one does whatever it chooses and you as the paying customer have no say in
the matter so the easiest path is to conform to their method. (Is this
really the way it's supposed to be?) Fortunately, FreeSWITCH makes this
easy.

Your job, should you decide to accept it, is to determine what information
is being sent to your FS installation and in which fields it appears, then
edit the dialplan that services that inbound call to recognize the number
and do the right thing with it, another choice that is entirely yours. I'm
assuming that it should ring one or more extensions in which case you might
not even need to touch the "transfer" line in the dialplan since it
transfers to extension 1000.

The vanilla public dialplan file that ships with FS looks for
destination_number = 5551212
which I'm just guessing is not a number that they will send to you, so it
doesn't match the one and only condition test in the dialplan and terminates
the call, so your SIP provider returns a busy to the caller.

For instance, in my case I discovered by reading the FS logs that
CallCentric sends my DID/DNIS in the sip_to_user field (at least that's the
variable in which FS stuffs it), so I modified my public dialplan in
conf/dialplan/public/callcentric.xml to test that field against my number:

 <condition field="${sip_to_user}" expression="^(12024561000)$">

I have no idea what will work in your case which is why you need to get your
hands dirty looking at the logs. Once you get inbound calls transferring to
your desired extension(s) I'm sure you will be eager to delve into it more.

Bote