[Freeswitch-users] Number of SIP concurrent calls based on first draft hardware spec

Andrew Keil andrew.keil at visytel.com
Tue Feb 10 01:27:27 MSK 2015

To FreeSWITCH users,

My client in the UK is asking how many concurrent SIP calls could be handled by the current production release of FreeSWITCH (based on the first draft of the hardware spec attached and the service usage shown below).

The services will use the following and be written in Lua running inside FreeSWITCH:

-          G711 -A-law audio playback/record (since E1) - so no transcoding
-          DTMF detection
-          General string and number handling - which lua would do very well
-          TCP socket communication
-          No text to speech or speech recognition
-          Limited conference requirements (ie. Inbound call conferenced with an outbound call on the same server)

Initially since they are a "windows-house" they intend to run the Windows 64-bit version of FreeSWITCH on Windows Server 2012 R2 Standard Edition.  Eventually I hope to move them to Linux, however one step at a time.

If stating how many potential concurrent SIP calls based on my hardware spec attached is too difficult, then the other way of stating your hardware spec (just the basics CPU/RAM/Hard disk subsystem) and how many concurrent SIP calls you can take would also help.

I appreciate any assistance that anyone can give.

Thanks in advance,

Andrew Keil