[Freeswitch-users] invalidating entries in http_cache?

Neil Patel neilp at cs.stanford.edu
Sat Feb 7 12:19:20 MSK 2015

Hi All,

We are using mod_http_cache to store remote media for playback over IVR
(lua). Once in a while the file at source gets updated/overwritten, so we
want FS to be able to detect an invalid cache entry and re-download from
the given URL.

Is there a way to dirty/clear a single http_cache entry? I don't believe
there is a checksum mechanism, but that would do the trick. Is there a way
to force-download a URL? Neither http_pre_fetch nor http_get does this. I
don't see any way in the docs, so am considering managing this
independently and manually removing files from the http_cache folder when
we overwrite a source file.

Thanks,
Neil