[Freeswitch-users] How to use FreeSWITCH system scheduler?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Fri Feb 6 20:24:01 MSK 2015

On Fri, Feb 6, 2015 at 5:27 AM, Борисов, Дмитрий / Dmitriy Borisov <
bordmi at rarus.ru> wrote:

> I found only one method (from lua):
>
> freeswitch.api:execute("sched_api","$time $group luarun(fire_event.lua
> $id)")
>
> Does freeswitch has any other way, less perverse?

Could you define what makes sched_api "way too hard" and "perverse"? We've
been using it for years and I find it to be exceptionally simple and
elegant. Granted, it's designed to schedule an API to be run, not
specifically to fire an event. However, sending events requires several
steps to be taken anyway, i.e. defining the event headers and then firing.
Doing sched_api to have a script fire an event for you seems completely
reasonable.

-MC