[Freeswitch-users] OT: SIP Analysis at Linux CLI

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Thu Feb 5 20:51:34 MSK 2015

On Thu, Feb 5, 2015 at 5:14 AM, Avi Marcus <avi at avimarcus.net> wrote:

> Slightly related: Sometimes I want to *listen* to the PCAP and wireshark
> takes a while or otherwise chokes on it.
> I've tried finding a tool, but they either didn't compile, weren't free,
> etc... any tips on an easy command-line version to extract audio from a
> PCAP?

Actually, there is. You just need tshark and some data. I wrote a pcap2wav
utility here at work and I'll find out if it's okay to release it to the
public. In the meantime the basic information on extracting the RTP
sessions can be found here:
http://stackoverflow.com/questions/6073868/how-to-stream-pcap-file-to-rtp-rtcp-stream

Just keep in mind that this is only grabbing RTP in a particular direction.
You can mux two streams together but just remember that they rarely start
at exactly the same moment in time so you'll need to pad silence at the
beginning of one of them.

-MC