[Freeswitch-users] Monitoring Uptime: landline-->VOIP-Provider-->freeSWITCH-->landline case?

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Wed Feb 4 23:54:48 MSK 2015

On Wed, Feb 4, 2015 at 9:32 AM, Arfst <arfst at riseup.net> wrote:

>  @Michael ok, how does such a setup specifically looks like or which
> components are used?
> @AVI The CID will be sent consistently.
>
> I still have the open question:
> How to monitor/log and automate test calls?
> Which software or setup could be used for that?
> Which software, setup can detect if a targeted phone (Landline/Voip) is
> ringing and hangs off automatically?

This is a bit of a do it yourself (DIY) project. Most likely there won't be
anything existing that does exactly what you want in exactly the way you
want it. I suspect the lowest barrier to entry for you is to experiment
with fs_cli or ESL in generating test calls with the originate API. Look at
the execute_on_* and api_on_* variables as well. You may want certain
things to happen, i.e. as soon as you receive a 183 you hang up, so maybe
execute_on_media=hangup or something like that.

This is not unlike learning how to build stuff with Legos. You've got a lot
of pieces and you'll need to start putting them together and see what it
looks like. Start by looking at the examples on the wiki and go from there.
It's a lot of effort but when you figure it out and your tool actually
works it's a great feeling.

-Michael