[Freeswitch-users] lua IVR interactivity problem

Peter Hartmann peter at hartmanncomputer.com
Mon Dec 28 20:46:57 MSK 2015

I'm trying to port an IVR to lua. I'm new to lua by the way.  The big
picture: the goal is that the IVR should change based on the output of
a shell script.

I've followed the basic example over here, substituting my several wav files
for the TTS prompts.

https://freeswitch.org/confluence/display/FREESWITCH/Lua+Welcome+IVR+example

But I've noticed a huge difference between this and the core IVR
functionality.  DTMF will not interrupt the prompts, it will only be
accepted when the script reaches the session:getDigits line.   It
seems like session:playAndGetDigits could be interactive, but it only
accepts one wav.  Is there a way for either playAndGetDigits to accept
multiple wav files (without concatinating)?  Or otherwise is there a
way for a scripted IVR to have this interactive functionality?   Seems
like I need to fork the getDigits first and then play the wavs, right?

I realize I could probably do the logic in the dialplan and then send
the caller to different IVRs, but I'd rather not maintain 2 mostly
similar IVRs.

Does anyone use a scripting language based IVR and have this solved?
Or otherwise have a solution that doesn't involve maintaining 2
distinct IVRs?

Thanks much

Peter Hartmann
Hartmann Computer Consulting
http://blog.hartmanncomputer.com
(212)203-8870

If I can't explain it to you in plain language, that means I don't
understand it.