[Freeswitch-users] List URI BLF Config Unique to Broadsoft or Can be Done in Freeswitch?

Vallimamod Abdullah vma at 440hz.fr
Tue Dec 22 20:49:27 MSK 2015

Hi,

The BLF/List feature is specific to Broadsoft servers even if it is implemented by nearly all major phone manufacturers. I have tried some time ago to find any spec of this feature or any sip trace but found none unfortunately.

To my understanding, the phone manufacturers need to get a license from Broadsoft to be able to implement this feature on the client side. Even if all the specs were available, I am wondering if it would be possible to implement the server side in freeswitch without any licensing issues.

Btw, if I understand correctly, the BLF/List allows you to monitor a group of extensions over one phone key. If so, you may create an extension for the group and use “normal” BLF on it with some scripting to change the lamp status when a phone of the group rings or is on call. You can then add/remove users from the group without changing the monitoring phone config.

Best Regards,
Vallimamod
.