[Freeswitch-users] Understanding BW test in verto protocol

Carlos González Florido carlosj.gf at gmail.com
Thu Dec 17 20:21:47 MSK 2015

Hello,

we are developing an open source,  distributed, scalable media processing
framework (using excellent Freeswitch as the media core) and we are
implementing a Verto protocol proxy as part of it.

We have some doubts related to the bandwidth test implemented in 1.6.5.
Please tell me if I am correct:

1. First, the client sends "#SPU (number1)" where number1 is the amount of
bytes it is going to send next with "#SPB" messages (262.144 in my case).
2. Then it finishes with a "#SPE" message.
3. The server answers then with a #SPU (number2), and seems to send 10x
bytes (2.621.440 in my case) What does number2 mean?
4. Then, the server finishes with a "#SPD (number3)". Again, what does
number3 mean?

More questions would be:
- Is it possible to put several (many) of concurrent 'invites' over the
same verto connection or you really need to open a new connection for each
call? Would it be efficient?
- Is it possible to 'insert' a channel into Freeswitch without using any
endpoint? (Verto or SIP) I mean, an API for sending an SDP and destination
number (over the event socket connection for example) and getting a reply
SDP from Freeswitch?

Thank you very much in advance,

Carlos Gonzalez.