[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH vs Asterisk on Reddit...

Ken Rice krice at freeswitch.org
Wed Dec 16 09:19:10 MSK 2015

That guy got cranky because he thought that the developers time was free… For some reason people think that before there is Free in the name or that it is open source, that the developers of the project are doing this for free. We all have families to feed. Unlike some open source projects, FreeSWITCH is not funded by millions of dollars of funding, every bit of funding comes from people using FreeSWITCH and contracting the FreeSWITCH Team to help them deploy, configure, or enhance the software. I can’t think of anyone of the supporters that has wanted to keep any code additions out of tree.

So even if you don’t have a huge budget you can still help out Anthony, Brian, Mike, Me, and William. Contact us, let us help with your project. Sure, there may be a charge for that initial consultation, but it also allows us to dedicate time with you to engineer a plan to help you reach your goals.

Want to send a little Christmas or Hanukkah gift to one of the Developers? Visit https://freeswitch.org/core-team/, Our wishlists are there.

Want to but the dev’s dinner or something Similar? There’s a donate button right on the website.

Want to help in other ways?

Join the Docs Team and help document things on Confluence. We still have a several hundred pages on the old wiki that need to be clean up, updated and migrated to Confluence.

Help us sort thru the bugs and test patches and pull requests. Anyone can comment on open tickets and add information… Want to be an official bug marshall? Email me (krice at freeswitch.org <mailto:krice at freeswitch.org> ) or brian at freeswitch.org <mailto:brian at freeswitch.org>  off list and we’ll help get you started.

Join the FreeSWITCH Team via HipChat at https://hipchat.freeswitch.org/ hang out meet the devs and chat with other FreeSWITCH users.

Like IRC? Check out #FreeSWITCH on freenode.net

Every Little Bit Helps!