[Freeswitch-users] The public perception of open-source software

Olgierd Ziolko lists.fs-users at uce.pw
Tue Dec 15 11:15:14 MSK 2015

Just a short comment:
pretty good example most parents will understand is volunteering: parents
often volunteer to take part in class' activities - in school trips (as
assistants to teachers), their kids' parties, events and so on.
Parents willingly donate their free time and/or skills (when they, for
example, are chemists and explain children what science actually is,
sometimes sparking life-long interest) but it doesn't mean that children
goes astray on trips, get poisoned on science fairs or drugged and robbed
on primary school parties. Or become communists.
Parents donate their time and expertise to provide their community so much
needed experience, skills and - probably most precious - time.

Same with with FOSS and developers.

Just my 3 pence ;)

O.