[Freeswitch-users] Re- FreeSWITCH 1.6.5 Lua version (can it be upgraded)?

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz luis.daniel.lucio at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 08:40:35 MSK 2015

Don't upgrade to LUA5.2, you are going to break the Centos6. Freeswitch can
and uses system lua, that gives you many advantages, like using luarocks
and other lua modules. Some lua modules are not source, but binary; the
binary lua-modules are linked against lua5.1 (because the RPM system).

I have not found any LUA script not compatible on Lua5.1 that runs on
Freeswitch. And if you are going to install any 'compiled' lua script, you
need to stick with lua version (like the binary modules).

Luis Daniel Lucio Quiroz
CISSP, CISM, CISA
Linux, VoIP and much more fun
www.okay.com.mx

Need LCR? Check out LCR for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH
Need Billing? Check out Billing for FusionPBX with FreeSWITCH