[Freeswitch-users] Python based Event Socket Library doesn't connect to remote FreeSWITCH

Carlos Fererro carlos4fsint at gmail.com
Sun Aug 30 21:33:21 MSD 2015

To all Event Socket Library FreeSWITCH gurus!

Python implementation of the Event Socket Library doesn't seem to work with
FreeSWITCH running on remote host. Only "localhost" or "127.0.0.1" has to
be specified as the first parameter to the ESLconnection constructor to let
client to successfully connect to the FreeSWITCH. Event if FreeSWITCH is
running on the SAME machine (not even remote host) as the client and the
"host" is specified with the IP address of the machine in the ESLconnection
- no valid connection is getting established.
I am pretty sure that such a fundamental thing can't not to work and I am
just missing something simple. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Carlos