[Freeswitch-users] Broken silence with webrtc

Gary Foreman gaz.foreman at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 23:36:59 MSD 2015

Hi all,

Hoping someone can point me in the right direction because after several
hours I'm out of ideas.

I'm having an issue where the 2nd leg of a call that is bridged to a verto
endpoint has broken silence. When there is no sound on the line the audio
goes completely silent (all background noise is dropped) but around every
third of a second it repeatedly cuts back in for a fraction, then goes
completely silent again. This only happens when the call is created using
the originate command.

Can anyone give me an idea of where to look next? I have a wireshark trace
that during playback shows the audio cutting out periodically on the 2nd
leg during periods of silence. The 1st leg is using webrtc encryption and I
cant decode the stream.

Thanks in advance!