[Freeswitch-users] JSON-based API calls

David McNab davidmcnabnz at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 00:58:46 MSD 2015

Hi there,

How do you do API calls in JSON? Or, how do I get a list of all the API
calls which can receive JSON parameters and return JSON return values?

For example, in the console, I tried 'show calls', and got a list of calls.
I did the same call from via XML-RPC from a python script, and got a single
string back, containing what would have been output to the console. But
when I tried, from the console:

*json {"command":"show calls", "format":"pretty", "data":{}}*

I got an invalid response.

I also tried:

*json {"command":"show", "format":"pretty", "data":"calls"}*

but got similar.

Is there a general sceme for invoking all the console API commands (and
receiving responses) in JSON format?

If not, I guess I need to write some parsers to process each command's
output string.

Cheers
David