[Freeswitch-users] mod_rtmp codec

I put the Who? in Mishehu mishehu at freeswitch.org
Tue Aug 25 19:13:10 MSD 2015

I don't have the code in front of me, but I had looked at it in the
past.  It is most definitely possible to use pcmu/a if the version of
flash interacting with mod_rtmp is supporting those codecs (they should
these days).  The trick here is that you have to have the client select
pcmu, and somehow have it tell mod_rtmp to select it as well, then
initialize the codec on the current channel to be pcmu.  On the audio
stream going from mod_rmtp to the client, you need to modify the head of
each packet (I can't remember offhand if it's 8, 16, or 32 bits wide) to
match the FLV type that identifies the stream as pcmu at X channels
(where X is however many you are supporting).

i hope that I've at least giving you a pointer in the correct direction.

-Yossi