[Freeswitch-users] High Availability Communication Project #1

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Wed Aug 19 11:57:45 MSD 2015

my two cents:

you need to distinguish between different use cases, as they influence the
HA design:

a) mass-market residential service: thousands or hundreds of thousands of
users, one DID number per user with a standard set of features, like
voicemail, call redirection, daily cost cap, blacklisting, and so on.

b) multi-tenant business PBX for hundreds of small working groups. Each
working group should share some common applications, like conferencing,
presence, hunt lists, callcenter, and so on. Some of these applications are
not distributed, and need to make sure that the related calls are
terminated on the same media server.

c) application server, for conferencing or callcenters, probably providing
an API (like Plivo, Twilio, etc). Clients are not registering on it.

Each of these use cases requires a different approach in terms of high
availability, so probably they should be considered separately.