[Freeswitch-users] Error msg "Invalid codec VP8!

Alexander Haugg Alexander.Haugg at c4b.de
Mon Aug 10 15:34:15 MSD 2015

Hi All,

I'm using the actual freeswitch on Ubuntu in version 1.7.0+git~20150807...

I added the VP8 codec in the vars.xml for global_codec_prefs and for outbound_codec_prefs.
WS on Port 5066 is enabled and I use the "sipml5 demo client" as client.

Normal audio calls works successfully (opus) but I get the error message in the CLI "
[ERR] switch_core_codec.c:665 Invalid codec VP8!
[ERR] switch_core_media.c:2671 Can't load codec?

Mod_vp8 is build and in the modules.conf.xml enabled

What can I do that the freeswitch allow the VP8 Codec with SIP?

Thanks a lot!