[Freeswitch-users] Passing Dialed Number to User Agent

Rick Ewart rick at ewart.net
Mon Aug 3 02:57:36 MSD 2015

Hello.

I am a relative newbie with FreeSwitch. Have been reading the FreeSWITCH
1.2 book and have managed to setup things and get them working without too
much issue.

I am basically trying to setup FreeSwitch to act as an intermediary
(softswitch) between my carriers and my client's PBXs. I have the PBXs
registering as extensions and am able to make calls and direct DIDs into
them.

The one thing I seem to be struggling with (at the moment anyhow) is how
to pass the dialed number (i.e. DID dialed) to the internal extension I am
transferring the call to. Because the one user will have multiple DIDs
assigned to them and their system (an Asterisk PBX) needs to route the
incoming call appropriately. But the "dialed number" being passed to the
Asterisk PBX is the extension being called for the transfer.

I have spent hours googling for an answer and never seem to get quite what
I need. Seems I need to set a variable, but what I have done so far isn't
working.

Below is my definition for the DID. I am wondering if this is the correct
way to go about this, or if I should be setting these up different? I do
want the clients to register to my switch, which is why I have them setup
as internal user extensions.

Rick

<include>

  <extension name="test_did">

    <condition field="destination_number" expression="^(19545551212)$">

      <action application="set" data="domain_name=$${domain}"/>

      <action application="set" data="dialed_number=19545551212"/>

      <action application="transfer" data="1100 XML default"/>

    </condition>

  </extension>

</include>