[Freeswitch-users] Need cluster architecture suggestion

José Seabra joseseabra4 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 27 08:24:09 MSD 2015

Hello,

What kind of features do you want provide? for better preformance and
scalability  I propose you use kamailio in 2 ways, and freeswitch as
application/sbc server, then  rtpengine to sdp nat and SRTP/RTP:

First create a kamailio instance to do the role of sip load balancer,
natbox, and security.

Second create a another kamailio instance to handle all your registers and
presence services, and control all you calls/presence(sip signalling).

For example an IVR:
Call arrives at load balance, loadbalance select one of second kamailio
instance through dispatcher module, and send it to there, then the second
kamailio instance will checkout what kind of call you are requesting, after
it see that you are trying to dial an ivr (developing some kamailio script
logic) it will select one of your freeswitch's and send call to there, then
in freeswitch using lua script you can build your dinamic dialplans.

for sharing  presence between several kamailios you can use dmq  + dbtext
to save presence information replicated through dmq.

for sharing user location between kamailios use dmq + usrloc_dmq + dbtext

You can use mysql, but with mysql isn't  simple scale geographically

another database that i advise you use to build your pbx is redis.

I hope that my view was helpfull

BR
José Seabra

>>> http://confluence.freeswitch.org