[Freeswitch-users] Proxy Media and Call Transfer

David Ponzone david.ponzone at ipeva.fr
Thu Apr 9 12:42:40 MSD 2015

Keith,

When you don’t proxy media, FreeSWITCH does not necessarily play its own MOH.
Actually, if it does, it’s because your PBX sends a REINVITE, which it should not if it wants to handle the MOH locally.
You should check your PBX config.
If the behavior of your PBX is fixed, you can disable the MOH from FreeSWITCH:
https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Variable_disable_hold

Also, codec passthrough should work even not in proxy media, at least for standard codecs.