[Freeswitch-users] Problem in setting configuration files

Michael Collins msc at freeswitch.org
Tue Sep 30 03:02:39 MSD 2014

This is a common issue with folks using ACLs. The first line of your log
actually is the clue you need:
2014-09-29 13:15:42.651108 [DEBUG] sofia.c:5798 IP 122.161.236.14 Approved
by acl "domains[]". Access Granted.

The IP address is allowed which means that there is no SIP auth challenge.
Since there is no SIP auth challenge FreeSWITCH does not necessarily know
that IP address 122.161.236.14 is for user 1001. (During the SIP auth
challenge the SIP client will provide the username and password from which
FreeSWITCH can infer who the user really is.)

Two basic choices:
Use SIP auth challenge (i.e. remove 122.161.236.14 from the "domains" ACL)
-or-
Add a cidr="122.161.236.14/32" entry in your
conf/directory/default/1001.xml file

See the brian.xml file and/or the wiki for details on the cidr trick.

-MC