[Freeswitch-users] USB GSM Dongle with FreeSwitch for voice calls

Giovanni Maruzzelli gmaruzz at gmail.com
Mon Sep 29 13:23:30 MSD 2014

all this kind of problems come from lack of USB bus electrical power.

Use a wall powered (eg: with a "brick" power supply) USB hub between
FreeSWITCH and dongle.

No software way to go around this.

And be sure the hub deliver enough power! (check the specs for your dongles
power needs, add them up and use an USB hub with more than that continous
power delivery).

Internet dongles are power hungry !

-giovanni

Sincerely,