[Freeswitch-users] mod_v8 vs mod_lua overhead?

Stanislav Sinyagin ssinyagin at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 17:08:15 MSD 2014

I'm using a 1000-line script with mod_perl, and it makes several queries on
a local MySQL server. The whole initialization and db lookup takes less
than 10ms.

I didn't do any other performance tests, because it's a single-user server.
But I think it will easily survive several calls per second.

A stripped-down version of my script is available here:
https://github.com/xlab1/freeswitch_secretary_bug

Also I made a small prototype in Golang as a socket server, and it's
promising to be much more scalable:
https://github.com/xlab1/go-fs-secretary-prototype

I don't think Javascript compiler is much different in performance from the
one of Perl.