[Freeswitch-users] RTP flows and device doing a local redirection

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 25 19:06:55 MSD 2014

> then FS seems to not be ready for it and reply ICMP unreachable.

This sounds odd. ICMP unreachable will be sent by the OS/firewall not FS.
It means nothing is listening on that UDP port (or it's blocked). What's
odd is the SDP FS sends in its INVITE packet will contain the IP and port
it's using. It finds that port by creating a socket using a random port
then checking what it's using. So before the INVITE is even sent the port
is open, so you shouldn't see ICMP unreachable from the OS.

Are they sending to the exact same IP and port you send in the SDP? Are you
running any stateful firewalls that might not have opened the port for the
RTP stream?