[Freeswitch-users] is there a group_confirm_timeout setting?

Phillip Jones pjintheusa at gmail.com
Wed Sep 24 20:35:56 MSD 2014

Hi Michael.

Thanks for the reply. You are right - giving the called party X number of
seconds to press 1 to confirm the call, otherwise move on in the call
processing.

But consider this - we are forwarding to cell phones. We want to ring for
24 seconds (assuming cell vm kicks in at 25 secs) so that we do not get to
cell VM and can send to our own VM. So leg_timeout = 24.

But if the called party picks up at 23 seconds - we want to keep the
calling party on the line - so kill the call timeout - hence
group_confirm_cancel_timeout
<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#group_confirm_cancel_timeout>
=
true. Perfect. Works.

Now I just need to reset the timeout, i.e.  group_confirm_timeout
<https://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Channel_Variables#group_confirm_cancel_timeout>
=
10. So leg_timeout is time to ring if no answer. leg_timeout +
group_confirm_timeout is time to ring is called party answers.  That would
be perfect and is very neat and precise. And all done in dialplan :)

Phil