[Freeswitch-users] Mod_rtmp crashing FreeSWITCH

Mihail S. jciib at mail.ru
Wed Sep 17 19:35:25 MSD 2014

 Hi, I'm trying to use Freeswitch (version: FreeSWITCH Version 1.4.8+git~20140910T181155Z~9f72b11892~64bit (git 9f72b11 2014-09-10 18:11:55Z 64bit) ) with mod_rtmp. This module working good, except for two issues. The first is incorrect "Active calls" counter ("rtmp status profile default" command) - looks like it indicates how much total calls were done via mod_rtmp, because I did a few calls, and this "active calls" counter just increasing, and shows non-zero value when 0 calls at switch.

Another issue is that after some completed calls (5-7 usually), "reload mod_rtmp" or "rtmp profile default restart" commands taking MUCH time for execution, in this time freeswitch process starting "to eat" RAM very quickly and sometimes these commands simply crashing whole FreeSWITCH process.

Does anyone know, can it be fixed somehow or mod_rtmp development stopped?

My server running Ubuntu 14.04 LTS x86_64 architecture ( kernel version 3.2.0-4-amd64) , 1 core and 512 MB RAM.

Sincerely,
Mihail S.