[Freeswitch-users] SkypOpen - Virtual Machine

Alex Rixhardson alexrixhardson at gmail.com
Fri Sep 12 00:46:31 MSD 2014

Hi Guys,

I have installed Skypopen on a virtual machine, running Ubuntu 12.04 - 32bit.

I can successfully make or receive Skype calls, but there is no sound at all.

Are there any instructions how to set up audio for Skypopen that is
running in a virtual machine?

What I did so far was:

+ I checked that "lsmod |grep snd" returns nothing

+ I did run "cd
/usr/src/freeswitch/src/mod/endpoints/mod_skypopen/oss" and "make
clean; make; insmod ./skypopen.ko; mknod /dev/dsp c 14 3" before
starting Skype and Freeswitch but that didn't help

+ I then loaded "modprobe snd-dummy" (I have snd-dummy installed), but
that didn't help either

I am using the latest Freeswitch (downloaded from git today) with
skype-4.3.0.37 that is bundled together.

Any help would be most appreciated.

Regards,
Alex