[Freeswitch-users] SIP OPTIONS pinger

Steven Ayre steveayre at gmail.com
Thu Sep 11 01:06:43 MSD 2014

FreeSWITCH can do the ping (configure a gateway with ping=true), but
doesn't look at RTT.

You might also be able to do it with sipp.

I've implemented a SIP OPTIONS ping client in the past with a custom Perl
script using Net::SIP and it'd be trivial to measure RTT, but no longer
have the code. But it'd be quite simple to do. There'll be Python libraries
for SIP out there too.