[Freeswitch-users] FreeSWITCH to Implement Video Transcoding - Sponsors Needed

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 01:12:55 MSD 2014

The FreeSWITCH project intends to devote attention in the upcoming months
to work towards improving video functionality.  This includes working to
get fully function video transcoding working inside FreeSWITCH.  Currently
FreeSWITCH video is limited to pass-through and with the new features
available with WebRTC we have decided to focus on trying to improve the
overall video capabilities in FreeSWITCH.

We currently have an issue open with chrome that helps underscore the
reason we need to implement native video codec functionality especially in
Conferencing.

We anticipate that this effort will take as long as 6 or more months to
complete and have a large cost in developer resources.  We already have
some sponsors and volunteers helping with the effort but we can use all the
help we can get.  If you are interested in helping out either by
financially sponsoring the effort or helping to test and bug report, please
contact us at consulting at freeswitch.org and let us know.

--
Anthony Minessale II       ♬ @anthmfs  ♬ @FreeSWITCH  ♬

☞ http://freeswitch.org/http://cluecon.com/http://twitter.com/FreeSWITCH