[Freeswitch-users] Issue with WebRTC calls and Firefox 34-beta

Anthony Minessale anthony.minessale at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 00:43:30 MSK 2014

The connection address of 0.0.0.0 and the media attribute of a=sendonly
both suggest the mozilla is trying to set up a call in sendonly mode.
When the call is up and you are not hearing any audio you can try this
command to see if you are sending media.

uuid_debug_media <uuid> write on

This would show both reads and writes:

uuid_debug_media <uuid> both on

if you see media flowing here, maybe confirm in a pcap as well on both
sides of the call.

On Tue, Oct 28, 2014 at 4:09 PM, Chad Pilkey <capilkey at gmail.com> wrote:

> We have noticed an issue on our BigBlueButton servers where people using
> WebRTC and Firefox 34-beta can send their audio, but they aren't receiving
> any audio back. It looks like Firefox is sending "c=IN IP4 0.0.0.0" in the
> SDP, whereas in previous version of Firefox it would provide an IP address
> on the c line. Is it possible that Freeswitch sees the 0.0.0.0 in the SDP
> and chooses to just receive only? We are seeing this problem on both
> Windows and Mac machines.
>
> The full client log can be found here, http://pastebin.com/8JX3PwEP, and
> the output from fs_cli can be found here, http://pastebin.com/8nuF5e8e.
>
> We use sip.js in the browser and I had originally posted the question to
> their mailing list and the change in the "c" line was pointed out there. My
> post can be found here,
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sip_js/tuGdbE4ryWs/dKu-KfUlSYEJ.

> Chad

> http://confluence.freeswitch.org