[Freeswitch-users] Can't get port audio to work

Paradise aka Mr Glasspoole mrglasspoole at outlook.com
Fri Oct 10 22:20:01 MSD 2014

Hi,

after almost 20 years internet this is the first time I'm using a
mailing list so please bear with
me if I'm doing something wrong. Is there a way to format stuff (code,
quotes)?

I'm trying to use FreeSwitch as headless phone on a Banana Pi.
I have Bananian running (pure Debian) and used the Raspberry Raspbian
APT repository.
I guess it should work without problems cause its both Wheezy.
There where no errors on the installation...

I also have FreeSwitch Debian netinstall running on my old Thinkpad that
i use for testing.
After trying 2 hours to get port audio running on the Banana Pi i
thought i try it first
on the FreeSwitch Debian netinstall. But i have the same problems.

"pa devlist" just says: -ERR no reply

What i added to the netinstall is:
aptitude install alsa alsa-base alsa-utils alsa-tools alsaplayer-alsa
libasound2-dev alsa-oss mpg321

And i did "modprobe snd_pcm_oss" and "modprobe snd_mixer_oss"
and freeswitch is also member of audio.

Sound is working and before i saw you can use FreeSwitch as softphone i
was playing
with pjsip and there python modul and that works.
But the question is what is less demanding on the Banana Pi and thats
the reason
i want to try it.

Regards from Germany
Björn