[Freeswitch-users] Multiple features sought

Will Stewart will.stewart1a at gmail.com
Mon Oct 6 06:02:50 MSD 2014

There are two architectural alternatives I'm looking at;

1. Home runs of speakerwire direct to speaker, or line level embedded amps,
or
2. Ethernet or wireless to RPis which then drive the amps/speakers

#1 is the simplest, though doesn't cover use cases C and D below, at least
with standard high impedance microphones. Low impedance mikes may, though
are not inexpensive and require special interfacing.

#2 is far more capable, and allows far more home automation and security
(e.g., attached webcam with video analytics on a central server)

A. Whole house audio: home runs from a central patch panel are acceptable
B. Play wake up sounds (surf, jungle, etc) in individual bedrooms
C. Whole house intercom (controls could vary, call could even be placed on
a smartphone)
D. Voice recognition to drive home automation (future)

--Will