[Freeswitch-users] Configuring a HUAWEI EM770W for gsmopen

Charles Devereaux freeswitch at guylhem.net
Sat Nov 15 01:52:21 MSK 2014

Hello

On Fri, Nov 14, 2014 at 7:50 AM, Daniel Ivanov <sertys at gmail.com> wrote:

> you should have started by looking at the mod_gsmopen code

Initially I was worried the EM770 would not be compatbile and I wanted to
see how and where I could get the audio flux, but yes that would have been
more efficient.

Newbie mistake, which I'll avoid reiterating by asking for suggestions
first.

Besides http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/Getting_Started_Guide, is there a
tutorial for people who are new to freeswitch, just to get say gsmopen
running and expose it for tests?
(I would like to run more tests and check if the audio is working, as
playing the capture I made from ttyUSB1 with sox only gives me static one 1
of the 3 files, with 2 refusing to play with "error during GSM decode:
Numerical result out of range")

Based on what I read, I though about using a sip client and sofia to call
9195 (five second delay echo test) would be the best idea, but maybe there
are simpler ways. I've read about sipjs for example (
http://sipjs.com/guides/server-configuration/freeswitch/)

> On the given circumstances, i think just properly configuring the device
> will run it on gsmopen.

Indeed, it is very promising.  I got 2 such cards for $15 (about 10 Eur)
including delivery, and there was no need for any unlocking.
I believe it's the cheapest option to play with gsmopen!

Charles