[Freeswitch-users] Number of ways for creating a dynamic ivr in freeswitch

Saugort Dario Garcia Tovar dgarcia at anew.com.ve
Tue Nov 11 19:02:35 MSK 2014

Hi, Younas

How are you doing?

I think you get a reply before in your previous question.

You have several ways of do it.

Let start for one of them.

FS has their api accesible from many lenguages: lua, perl, php,
javascript, etc. Just, select one of them and play hard with it. I have
and small IVR with lua for testing, lab and proof of concept and works
nicely. You can use lua, get the json data from the web and control FS
accordingly your needs. The script will be located inside of FS in a
directory.

Another way is using ESL. ESL is a tcp conectionto FS where you can
control FS actions. As in the previous paragraph, you have to select a
solution: a build one done in a lenguage (lua, php, ruby, javascript,
etc) or build your own middleware/framework. The pros in this
architecture is you can seperate ivr from FS and control several
instances of FS, etc, etc, etc. One interesting example using FS ESL and
node.js is: https://github.com/englercj/node-esl.

I saw a project similar to your requirementet, instead of json using xml
and spring framework but I lost the link. Other, references:
http://docs.plivo.org/get-started/
http://m4d.colfinder.org/sites/default/files/Slides/M4D_Week5_setup_web_telephony_server.pdf

I suggest you explore FS documentation, very good point to start,
explore FS scripting  and ESL. From there you will make up your own
solution.