[Freeswitch-users] setting recording codec

ik idokan at gmail.com
Mon Nov 10 15:53:57 MSK 2014

Hello,

I could not find any documentation on this subject.
I require to have a recording of an a-law wav file (RIFF (little-endian)
data, WAVE audio, ITU G.711 A-law, mono 8000 Hz).

Can I set a variable that tells the record command what type of codec to
store the file with ?

I know how to convert a normal wav recording into it using ffmpeg (for
example):

$ ffmpeg -i 0.wav -ar 8000 -ac 1 -acodec pcm_alaw 0-alaw.wav

But I wish to avoid it, if I can use the record app, or use the uuid_record
API for it.

Thanks,
Ido