[Freeswitch-users] Cannot Establish Audio Call First, Then Enable Video

Jerry Richards jerry.richards at teotech.com
Sat Nov 8 03:22:22 MSK 2014

Using two Bria softphones, if I establish an audio call first, and then turn on video, the softphone sends a re-INVITE including the H264 codec, but Freeswitch does not forward the INVITE to the other endpoint.

If I originate the call as a video call, then the video call is established successfully.

I tried this with the latest Freeswitch as of yesterday.  The only change I made to the default configuration was to add the H264 codec to <global_codec_prefs> and <outbound_codec_prefs> in vars.xml.

Is there a configuration tag that would allow this?  Or is it required that the video codec must be offered in the first INVITE for video to work  (i.e. cannot be added later)?

Regards,
Jerry