[Freeswitch-users] unable to do "api uuid_getvar" in outbound socket created by originate command

raj gopal rajgopalfs at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 20:48:34 MSK 2014

I am trying to "api" commands on outbound socket created by originate ....
&(socket ..async full) and I am getting -ERR command not found.
So I tried same thing on fs_cli and netcat.

from fs_cli executed following command:

originate sofia/internal/1000%192.168.1.94 &socket(192.168.1.94 9050 async
full)

I did a netcat: on 192.168.1.94 9050.

when the extension 1000 answered, I did connect\n\n , myevents\n\n and
sendmsg command to answer (i.e.  answers\n\n).

now if I execute api uuid_setvar uuid x 30 or  api uuid_getvar uuid x;
I am getting -ERR command not found.

if I do same stuff on outbound socket created when extension 1000 dials in
to extension 1021.
and I setup dialplan to created outbound socket
application=socket  data="192.168.1.94L9050 async full"  I could do api
commands. What is the difference in both outbound sockets?? except one is
created using originate other is created when dialed in.
My intension is to dial a phone number, do play_and_get_digits and do get
the digits pressed by user using uuid_getvar in outbound socket but the
originate command it self is issued in inbound socket.

appreciate any insights.
Regards,
Raj