[Freeswitch-users] Newbie question: Set up to answer new phone number (please be gentle)

T Fred Farmington tfred31 at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 6 17:50:35 MSK 2014

Since I am a total newbie to FreeSwitch please be patient and 'gentle' with me....

I have 'inherited' 2 FreeSwitch installations.  One is working (version 1.0.7) and one (version 1.5.14) is a new test environment that is not working.

I cannot get the new test environment to answer the inbound call and in the FreeSwitch log I find:  Rejected by acl "domains"

I have tried to search the FreeSwitch documentation for an answer and got lost in it.
And I have tried to search the web for an answer, but did not find anything clearly spelled out.
And, lastly, I tried to investigate the working installation, but could not find my answer.

I have a dedicated SIP phone line which can call into the new test environment.
And via FS_CLI I can see the call being received.
However the connection is never established and in the log I find:  Rejected by acl "domains"

In both FreeSwitch environments I have a directory named:  \Debug   into which the previous individual installed all of the configuration parameters.

Questions:
1. Where/How is FreeSwitch configured to recognize this directory and look for its parameters there?
****  Maybe the non-working environment does not have that setting established and therefore is ignoring settings made there.

2. I have configured the new inbound IP address into the file:   acl.conf.xml   and have 'mirrored' the working environment in that regard.
**** But the 'Rejected' message in the log suggests that somehow that is not being recognized.

3. Are there other files which I have missed in trying to set this up?

Thanks