[Freeswitch-users] Custom variables for mod_conference

Phil Dunks phil.dunks at netdev.co.uk
Wed May 28 13:03:21 MSD 2014

Hi Michael

Thanks for looking at this - I have submitted a patch in FS-6559.

Let me explain the reason that the feature would be useful to us.

We have an application layer that provides customer specific conference features via mod_conference.

We wish to further develop this to provide potential features such as :

Questions and Answers : guests in lecture mode press some dtmf to indicate they wish to ask a question, and the chair presses some dtmf to manage the queue and unmute the questioner.

Chair greeting : the chair can record a personal greeting message which is played to guests when they join.

Security Passcode : the chair can dynamically set a further PIN on the conference instance via DTMF.

Chair privacy : a chair can invoke privacy via some DTMF so all guests are put on hold, and only chairs can speak.

And others.

All of these features will require us to store state relevant to the conference instance.

It would make life a lot easier if we could store this state as custom variables on the conference object via the mod_conference api.

Best Regards

Phil