[Freeswitch-users] Fragmented IP protocol Issue with latest master and 1.4.4

Kristian Kielhofner kris at kriskinc.com
Tue May 27 19:19:02 MSD 2014

That may very will only make your problems worse.

9000 bytes is the max MTU for jumbo frames on Gigabit ethernet. That
will cover Amazon's internal network but will only increase the amount
of fragmentation that will occur once you hit the Internet (typically
1500 bytes AT BEST). With the state of IP+UDP fragmentation and path
MTU discovery on the internet Mike's position is the correct one.
Squeeze what you can out of UDP with what tricks you can but switching
to TCP transport is your best bet. Most of this is covered in my blog
post here (scroll towards the bottom):

http://blog.krisk.org/2013/09/apples-new-facetime-sip-perspective.html

Kristian Kielhofner