[Freeswitch-users] DTMF Issue

Francis sms at icefire.qza.net.au
Tue May 27 18:05:24 MSD 2014

Hi Richard,

When you say "dial a DTMF digit", do you mean during the call? If that's
the case, you'll only get a response from an in-call macro or IVR if the
call is local. Depending on the soft client, you may not hear digits if
you press them during a call, but they will still go through. Try the
demo IVR and see what happens.

To your second question, if you are using RFC-2833 (the preferred
method), then DTMF will be sent on the RTP port, so you won't need any
extra settings. If you can send and receive audio, then DTMF should work.

Francis